Friday, February 5, 2010

The Eyes said it

I woke up one day to look at the mirror,
I saw someone,an unknown figure.

the face i remembered,
I knew the built,
but the eyes were heavy,
they had too much guilt.

trying as much
to look in the eyes,
I failed again and again
after countless tries.

they were of someone,
who couldn't accept the reality,
someone who was always stuck
with his life's triviality.

It was as if the person
was a prisoner of sorts,
someone more or less
like a slave of his thoughts.

the eyes wanted him
to wake up from his sleep,
but his inglorious past
was just piled up in a heap.

and even as those eyes,
to open they pleaded and begged,
even further away
from the truth he got dragged.

and with this came
a sense feeling of clarity.
a similar case,
a sense of similarity.

I understood the mirror
couldn't possibly be lying.
it must be telling,
what the eyes were trying.

I finally had woken up to realize,
I was seeing myself with my own eyes.

1 comment: